There’s a day, usually just one, in October, when the wind cuts through my jacket. When my nose can detect the hint of a chill in the air. This year…that day didn’t happen until November 2nd.
No matter when it happens, it’s always a welcomed feeling here in North Carolina. Fall is our gift for making it through the harsh and humid winter. When the days begin at six and the nights at five. When we can sit outside wrapped in our outerwear, sipping our tea, and enjoying those fleeting fall feelings.
It also means I get to decorate for fall. As a crafter, autumn has always been my very favorite time of year to decorate for. Those three weeks between Halloween and Christmas when orange and gold hues fill my small one bedroom apartment.
This year, I thought it would be a grand idea to share my favorite crafting patterns, to add a special DIY touch to your home!
- The Northwoods Sunset Quilt Pattern – really this could be an all year kind of quilt but I love the browns, oranges, greens, and tan hues! It’s perfect for 10″ precut squares too, which I always have a handful of. Listen, quilts are the perfect accents to any room. I love to leave mine folded over the arm of the couch. It adds a pop of color in an unexpected place and you’ll always be ready to snuggle up on the sofa when the time comes.
- Serenity Wall Hanging Crochet Pattern – this year is definitely the year of the wall hanging. They’re a huge trend all over Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. This wall hanging is the perfect accent for your home, and uses just a few skeins of chunky yarn! The great thing about these wall hangings is that you can make a few, in different colors, and switch them out throughout the year!
- GIVE THANKS Large Palette Sign – This gorgeous and easy to make palette sign would look amazing in any entryway. Mine hangs right above my entryway table and instead of yellow, I went with green to give it a more farmhouse chic look!
- Fall Leaf Floating Frame Wall Decor – these easy and fun to create frames are perfect for above the mantle, in the kitchen, or (like mine) hanging right above my desk! It’s also a fun time to jump on the calligraphy train!
- DIY Holiday Doormat with Snapfish – Amber over at Damask Love has done. it. again. The minute I saw her on Home and Family making this easy DIY Gingham Table, I knew I had to make one. It’s the perfect addition to my studio! It’s a simple, colorful, DIY project that’ll make one heck of a first impression! (Sorry for the bad photo – just click on the link to watch the video!)
Adding a touch of DIY to your fall decor shouldn’t be difficult. With these fun and easy DIY projects, you’ll have the handmade home you’ve always wanted – in a jiffy!