Today I want to share with you the 5 most recent things I have bought for my creative business. I know, I know…kind of vapid BUT I hope that you’ll be able to find some useful information AND it is always awesome to share with y’all the day to day of my work/home life.
- Prismacolor Premier Verithin Colored Pencils, 36 Pack– I adore Prismacolor Premier pencils but unfortunately they are not the greatest for detail work. Wax based pencils rock for color and pigment but the soft leads almost prevent a sharp point from sating sharp for very long. The Verithin are a thinner harder led with the same wax base. Next up are some Polychromos 36 Pencil Metal Tin Set
…an oil based pencil that comes HIGHLY recommended.
- Autumn Cobeland Print – Autumn Cobeland is one of my favorite local artists and I have three of her prints in my studio now. They just bing so much joy to the space and in a white frame…they are set off perfectly. This is my most recent acquisition:
I love being able to support fellow artists and local artists at that. Each of her Greenway prints also give me the motivation to get out and see these places in person!
- Mason Jars – I know, I know…not the most glamorous thing but quite possibly the most used product in my entire studio. I use them to store paint brushes, crochet hooks, colored pencils, quinoa, millet, spices, and just about anything else that can fit. I buy them by the case and replenish my stock every few months…I mean…you do break a few eggs along the way.
- Fresh Flowers – I fill my studio with fresh flowers every day. It makes me feel alive, invigorated, and fresh. This week my studio is filled with the perfumed scent of hyacinth. I’m also feeling the tulip love and always love hydrangeas. Flowers help freshen the house and clean the air!
- Office Supplies – You have to spend money to make money. In my case, the biggest bump in spending each month comes from office supplies. I am in a constant state of organizational overhaul it seems and this week is no different. I am working on getting completely organized to take on May and overhaul the business a bit – which means lots of binders, dividers, pencil sharpeners, paper, pens, and just about everything else. I should get miles for every dollar I spend at Staples. I would be able to travel around the world twice.
So…that’s about it. The 5 most recent items I have bought to make this business a complete success. I hope y’all have found a few things that may help you!