I get asked all the time what are some of my favorite tools for the kitchen. My kitchen is stocked full of tools that I think I’ll use but never do…I’m looking at you bench scraper.
However, there are a few tried and true items I use each and every day and have therefore tested the heck out of them.
- A Good Knife – I don’t believe you have to spend a fortune on knives. Maybe I’m frugal or maybe I just don’t see the need for a $500 knife that I have to then sharpen…who knows. I use the a Victorinox Swiss Classic 6″ Chef’s Knife. It is a work horse, inexpensive, and sharp as all get out.
- Cutting Board – I use my cutting board more than my counter tops. If you are going to invest in ANYTHING invest in a John Boos Chop-N-Slice 20-by-15-Inch Maple Cutting Board. They will last about as long as you can imagine just take care of it.
- Juicer – I juice…a lot. A LOT. So, a good juicer is a must. I have used a Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor and love it. It can juice a lemon without slicing it, making juicing while running out the door easy and quick. It is a beast to clean though…so keep that in mind.
- Juice Recipe Book – I am all about cookbooks but I think your kitchen needs a great book about juicing. Why? It will change your kitchen. I love The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet: Lose Weight, Get Healthy and Feel Amazing…read it and follow the recipe’s!
- Stainless Steel Cookware – You don’t need to spend a $1000 on a set of stainless Steel pans, to be honest. Good, solid, cookware is essential and these pans from Wolfgang Puck 18-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set are a staple in my kitchen. They’ve lasted years and conduct pretty amazingly. Obviously I don’t cook on the stovetop too often but when I do…I grab these pans.
- Induction Stove – I live in an apartment with that comes limited changes I can make to my home. I cannot buy and install a new stove…trust me I asked. I don’t know why a Viking Range would be a problem. So, I discovered the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop and rarely use my stovetop anymore. This is the best invention I have EVER used. Seriously get it…your life will never be the same.
- Mason Jars – Simply put…I use these guys for everything.
- Coconut Oil – I put this in about everything from fudge to juice. Coconut oil is my saving grace and my fav is Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 Ounce.
- Hemp Protein – Man cannot live on juice alone…so I make sure to add a booster to my lunch juice to make sure my body is running on all cylinders. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Protein Supplement, 32 Ounce is my go-to. I usually pick it up at the Vitamin Shoppe every couple of weeks. It takes awhile to dissolve and can be a bit gritty…but I love it.
- Rohn Strong Recipes – Yup…I know, I know…totally self indulgent. Make sure you subscribe for blog updates below and check back each day for more!
What are some of your kitchen essentials? Comment below!